Round Peg in a Square Hole

A repository of reference material on a variety of subjects

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Decisions! Decisions!

While parts of this year's CONvergence are still a little fuzzy in my head, I have the distinct impression that next year's theme is going to be "We're Going to Party Like it's 1999!" (Took me a while to figure out why, as I kept making fence post errors.....)

Now, for an "old school" SF fan like me, the obvious thing that springs to mind is: SPACE 1999. So, of course, I started doing online research because, while I'm old enough that I actually saw it when it aired (Hell! I think I even saw the pilot ep!) it's been a looooooooong time, and I haven't actually been trying to remember it. (It was pretty dreadful, as I recall.) I do have a patch and one 8x10, as I had some idea of doing the uniform for the historical masquerade at Costume Con in 1999, but that came to naught. Other than that, I have no references to draw from. I have to say that I was a little disappointed at what was available online, with one exception: this. Now, you gotta understand, this is RIGHT up my alley, stylistically. I've already made several things with powernet, as well as several evening gowns in the same vein, and I (if I say so myself) have the legs for a gown like this. However, I'm a little torn: should I do the uniform, which is more recognizable? or go for the gusto of this dress? Or should I just do them both?

Decisions! Decisions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home